- The true satisfaction of donating to the future of your historic downtown
- Your membership dues and any other contributions are tax deductible
- The fun of contributing your time and ideas as one of our volunteers (not a requirement of membership)
- Your support directly funds programs to improve economic vibrancy and preserve the unique character of historic downtown
- Email alerts
- Access to staff resources and information
- Your business listing on DowntownOlympia.com with a link to your website
- Preferred listing in the weekly e-newsletter
- Members can volunteer to write a column for the e-newsletter and/or DowntownOlympia.com
- Members who sign up for a new account with Constant Contact are eligible to receive 20% off for six months or 25% off for 12 months (already a Constant Contact member? Email email@example.com)
- Members are featured on the ODA’s Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts
- The ODA holds six major promotions, bringing over 20,000 people into downtown, in addition to supporting a number of non-ODA events in the downtown area
- Discounts on entry fees for Quarterly and Annual Meetings
- Members can receive significant exposure via event and project sponsorships
- Assist property owners with filling vacancies by providing information on DowntownOlympia.com
- Increasing effort to recruit and retain businesses in the downtown area
- Committed to maintaining a clean downtown through the Downtown Clean Up and supporting other efforts
- Representation before the City Council and city staff on issues pertaining to the well being of downtown, such as parking, zoning, land use and building codes
- Effective and diverse committees and task forces that address downtown issues
- Partnerships with the City of Olympia, Port of Olympia, Parking and Business Improvement Area, Visitor & Convention Bureau and other downtown, city and state organizations
How to join the Olympia Downtown Association
Downtown Olympia is bordered by 7th Avenue to the south, Farmers Market to the north, Plum Street to the east and the 4th Avenue Bridge to the west.
You do not have to be a downtown business to be a member of the Olympia Downtown Association.
Friend of Downtown Membership
$35 – Family
$25 – Individual
$20 – Senior 62+
$300 – Large business or government organization with 11+ FTE.
$200 – Mid-sized business or organization with 3-10 FTE.
$125 – Small business operated by owner up to 2 FTE.
$125 – Nonprofit and/or property owner.
*Multiple business owners:
50% discount on subsequent businesses at rate.