Date(s) - 18 Aug 2017
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Oly Rockfish Grill
Goal: Promote downtown as the community’s social, cultural and economic center; utilizing events, marketing materials and volunteers to incorporate participation and commitment by key stakeholders and the general public.
- Keep the “big picture”
- Appoint a secretary for Promo Committee meetings to take and distribute minutes/action items
- Cultivate committee membership to include key stakeholders, especially VCB, PBIA, WCPA and sponsors for each event; also need writers from The Olympian and Thurston Talk at every meeting.
- Fill in sponsorship menu starting in January 2016 for all events
- Create and distribute Save the date poster/postcard listing ODA events.
- Grow volunteer base – work with schools, churches, scouts, community service groups, etc. Get on their radars with contact info and schedule of events. Get in front of these groups so they know we are a resource.
- Continue to implement subcommittee meetings into regular Promotion Committee meetings
- Continue to grow Girls Night Out
- Continue to improve the success of Fall Fund Raiser
- Market a positive image of downtown
- Examine events and see how to improve them/reinvent existing events
- Continue to help promote other downtown events
- Partnership events: Block Party, Pet Parade, LakeFair, National Night Out
- Potential new events: Coffee crawl, Guy’s Night Out, Taste of Downtown
Chair: Sandi Wilson, Thurston First Bank