The Downtown Academy is a free education series open to everyone.
Downtown Academies will be held on the fourth Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 am most months in 2013.
Upcoming Downtown Academy program:
Topic: Emergency preparedness
Join Puget Sound Energy and the Red Cross for a timely Downtown Academy on emergency preparedness. Our guest speakers include Amy Tousley, Municipal Liaison Manager for Puget Sound Energy, and Emily Nelson, Disaster Specialist, the Red Cross Olympia office. The presentation will introduce the Red Cross Safe in the Sound program.
As businesses, it is important to be prepared not only for your employees, but also for those customers who may find themselves at your business while an emergency is underway. Puget Sound Energy is pleased to be a founding partner in this preparedness initiative. You can find additional information on the program at: http://safeinthesound.org/
Please RSVP so we will have enough coffee to email@example.com or (360) 357-8948.
2013 Downtown Academy schedule:
The Downtown Academy is held from 8:30 am to 9:30 am at the New Caldonia Atrium unless otherwise indicated.
Guerilla marketing for 2013
Intercity Transit expansion update
City of Olympia updates on three downtown projects
Tools for small business
Cross-promotional partnership opportunities with the Hands On Children’s Museum
Safety and security
Marketing plans for small business
If you are interested in being on the email list for the Downtown Academy or if you have a suggestion for a Downtown Academy topic, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Downtown Academy topics:
- Sell More, Spend Less
- Social Media
- Human Resources
- Historic Downtown Olympia – Guidelines for Preserving and Restoring Commercial Properties
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CEPTED)
- Coffee Talk
- Fraud – Employee Theft and Embezzlement
- How to Talk to People on the Street
- Target Marketing – State Workers and Lakefair Attendees
- Energy Efficiency
- Initiative 1082 – Proposed Initiative for Privatization of Workman’s Compensation Insurance in Washington State
- Workplace Safety
- Small Business Resources
- How to Benefit from Major Events
- How to Handle Shoplifting and Unwanted Behavior
- The Power of Email Marketing
- Visual Merchandising Displays
- The Preventable Dangers of Identity Theft and Fraud
- Doing Business with the City of Olympia
- PSE’s Energy Efficiency Programs and Services for Businesses
- City of Olympia planning and updates on initiatives affecting downtown
- How social media can work for your business
- How to attract visitors
- Revitalizing urban transit corridors
- First Friday think tank
- The economics of historic preservation and downtown revitalization
- Guerilla marketing
- Update on Intercity Transit news
- Update on downtown projects
- Cross-promotional partnership opportunities with the Hands On Children’s Museum
- Safety and security
Email the ODA to be added to our list to be notified of the next Downtown Academy.
Email the ODA if you have suggestions for a topic for the Downtown Academy.
Are you interested in volunteering for the ODA? Click here to view our volunteer opportunities.