The Downtown Academy is a free education series open to everyone.
Downtown Academies will be held on the fourth Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 am most months in 2013.
Upcoming Downtown Academy program:
The June Academy will feature a panel of members with an interest in downtown that currently serve on the Leadership Thurston County Board of Regents. Joe Ingoglia (Boys & Girls Clubs of Thurston County), Rick Hughes (LOTT Clean Water Alliance), Todd Monohan (Olympic Rental & Landlord Services), Renee Sunde (Thurston County Economic Development Council), and Drew Phillips (Berschauer Phillips Corporation) will address questions ranging from “Why is leadership important?” and “How do you encourage creative thinking within your organization?” to “How does leadership affect the viability and success of downtown?”
We look forward to an informal and interactive discussion that will inform, connect and engage our downtown community!
Please RSVP so we will have enough coffee! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 357-8948.
2013 Downtown Academy schedule:
The Downtown Academy is held from 8:30 am to 9:30 am at the New Caldonia Atrium unless otherwise indicated.
Guerilla marketing for 2013
Intercity Transit expansion update
City of Olympia updates on three downtown projects
Tools for small business
If you are interested in being on the email list for the Downtown Academy or if you have a suggestion for a Downtown Academy topic, email email@example.com.
Previous Downtown Academy topics:
- Sell More, Spend Less
- Social Media
- Human Resources
- Historic Downtown Olympia – Guidelines for Preserving and Restoring Commercial Properties
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CEPTED)
- Coffee Talk
- Fraud – Employee Theft and Embezzlement
- How to Talk to People on the Street
- Target Marketing – State Workers and Lakefair Attendees
- Energy Efficiency
- Initiative 1082 – Proposed Initiative for Privatization of Workman’s Compensation Insurance in Washington State
- Workplace Safety
- Small Business Resources
- How to Benefit from Major Events
- How to Handle Shoplifting and Unwanted Behavior
- The Power of Email Marketing
- Visual Merchandising Displays
- The Preventable Dangers of Identity Theft and Fraud
- Doing Business with the City of Olympia
- PSE’s Energy Efficiency Programs and Services for Businesses
- City of Olympia planning and updates on initiatives affecting downtown
- How social media can work for your business
- How to attract visitors
- Revitalizing urban transit corridors
- First Friday think tank
- The economics of historic preservation and downtown revitalization
- Guerilla marketing
- Update on Intercity Transit news
- Update on downtown projects
Email the ODA to be added to our list to be notified of the next Downtown Academy.
Email the ODA if you have suggestions for a topic for the Downtown Academy.
Are you interested in volunteering for the ODA? Click here to view our volunteer opportunities.