The Downtown Academy is a free education series open to everyone.
Downtown Academies will be held on the fourth Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 am most months in 2014.
Upcoming Downtown Academy program:
Seminar: Creating Customers For Life
Description: You’ve seen the data: the Harvard Business School report that showcased how, on average, increasing customer retention rates by 5% increases profits by 25% to 95%. In the presentation, Creating Customers for Life,
we will explain how managers can turn one-time buyers into customers who come back again and again.
About the Presenter: The Washington Center for Women in Business, an SBA funded Women’s Business Center, helps women business owners accelerate success from start-up to growth to market leadership. This includes online business startup training, 150 different business workshops, one-on-one coaching and mentorship, or involvement in several different networking opportunities including the Women’s Advisory Council, a think-tank of women business owners. The Washington Center for Women in Business is part of the Business Resource Center at the Thurston Economic Development Council.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Downtown Academy topics:
- Sell More, Spend Less
- Social Media
- Human Resources
- Historic Downtown Olympia – Guidelines for Preserving and Restoring Commercial Properties
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CEPTED)
- Coffee Talk
- Fraud – Employee Theft and Embezzlement
- How to Talk to People on the Street
- Target Marketing – State Workers and Lakefair Attendees
- Energy Efficiency
- Initiative 1082 – Proposed Initiative for Privatization of Workman’s Compensation Insurance in Washington State
- Workplace Safety
- Small Business Resources
- How to Benefit from Major Events
- How to Handle Shoplifting and Unwanted Behavior
- The Power of Email Marketing
- Visual Merchandising Displays
- The Preventable Dangers of Identity Theft and Fraud
- Doing Business with the City of Olympia
- PSE’s Energy Efficiency Programs and Services for Businesses
- City of Olympia planning and updates on initiatives affecting downtown
- How social media can work for your business
- How to attract visitors
- Revitalizing urban transit corridors
- First Friday think tank
- The economics of historic preservation and downtown revitalization
- Guerilla marketing
- Update on Intercity Transit news
- Update on downtown projects
- Cross-promotional partnership opportunities with the Hands On Children’s Museum
- Safety and security
- Emergency preparedness
- Social media
- Law enforcement efforts in downtown Olympia
- From buddy to boss, five tips on employer/employee relations
- Creating Artspace in Olympia
- Maritime history
- Secret Shopper
- Law enforcement efforts in downtown Olympia – UPDATE
Email the ODA to be added to our list to be notified of the next Downtown Academy.
Email the ODA if you have suggestions for a topic for the Downtown Academy.
Are you interested in volunteering for the ODA? Click here to view our volunteer opportunities.