Sunday, November 26, 2017
12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
To kick off the holiday season in style, on the Sunday following Thanksgiving the Olympia Downtown Association produces an annual holiday extravaganza called “Downtown for the Holidays.” This event is an endearing community tradition, made possible through the generous donations of downtown businesses, sponsors, membership dues and volunteers. Join us in the festivities and enjoy Olympia at its seasonal best!
Most activities are centered in and around Sylvester Park.
- Gingerbread Village
- Musical Entertainment
- Free Wagon & Trolley Rides (12:00 – 2:20 p.m.)
- Photos with Santa for purchase. Located at 106 5th Ave SE
(12:00 – 2:20 p.m. & following the parade till 5:00 p.m.)
- Holiday parade begins at 3 p.m. Begins near the Farmers Market and ends at Sylvester Park. See below to enter!
- Tree Lighting Ceremony 4:30 p.m.
- Enjoy the Twinkle Fest lighting contest throughout the holiday season by visiting downtown shops. Vote for your favorite display!
Parade entries accepted through Wednesday, November 15, 2017: Apply Here
The parade starts at B Ave NE & Capitol Way N
Moves through downtown on Capitol Way S
(Parade announcers are staged on the roof of the Governor Hotel)
Turns left onto 7th Avenue SE and ends at Sylvester Park
For more information please contact Brit Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org.